You can measure anything! That’s certainly a fact when it comes to how and which ones of the many social analytics tools that you can use.
If you’re running a marketing campaign, you’ll want to measure how successful that campaign is. If you offer various posts on your social media accounts, you want to know which ones receive the most attention and which ones aren’t worth your effort.
Better Days are Here
Gone are the days of measuring your marketing efforts simply with a single poll question that’s attached to every sales application. Gone are the days of guesswork when it comes to marketing. With the tools available to you right now, you can quickly and easily know what’s working when you build a social media campaign. Let’s discuss some of the best software and tools you can use for social analytics.
Start With the Platform’s Built-In Tools
The social media platforms you’ll likely use to promote your brand will be Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and YouTube. You might not use all of these, you might add one or two more, but these six are certainly on your list. All six of them have their own tools that are made to give you analytic reports and help you understand the audience responding to and connecting to your account.
If you want a tool that gives you the reporting you desire without overwhelming you, Buffer Analyze will be on your list. This is a great tool for social analytics, and it gives you reports for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, which are your big three platforms. Some of the features of this tool are:
• Instagram Stories analytics
• Posting strategy recommendations
• Create professional reports quickly
• Charts for key metrics
• Audience insights
Sprout Social is one of the most popular tools in the market, and it’s used by nearly every marketing agency. This tool gives you comprehensive management and monitoring to give you the options you’re looking for. Sprout Social supports Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. Features of this tool that you’ll love are:
• Analyze paid campaign performance
• Provide a group report of your social profiles
• Analyze team performance
• Report builder
• Reports per social channel
Another popular choice and one that gives you a combination of tools is Hootsuite. You can manage social media profiles while also employing listening, publishing, and analytics tools. You want to employ the social analytics of Hootsuite and put them to work for your Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Pinterest accounts. Here are some of the items included in Hootsuite:
• Select from over 200 metrics to build your tools
• Measure your resolution center response time on Facebook and Twitter
• Track brand mentions with integrated tools
• An overview of key metrics
• Unlimited real-time reports
Put Keyhole to work with some of the other tools and monitor a different level of activity on your social media accounts. This tool helps you monitor your events, campaigns, influencer activity, brand mentions, and industry-related social conversations. Put this tool to work on your Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts. Some qualities found in Keyhole are:
• Predict performance of your campaign
• Analyze sentiment of users engaging with your posts
• Manage influencer accounts and track their performance
• Audience insights
• Brand comparisons
• Identify Trends
If your social analytics cornerstones are Facebook and Instagram, Iconosquare is one of the tools you should use every day. This tool helps you track, grow, and report the performance of these accounts. You can manage multiple brands from one dashboard and schedule reports to be sent to your clients. Here are some great reasons to use Iconosquare:
• Locate photos, captions, comments, and tags with your brand in them
• Track engagement on competitors’ profiles
• Show online followers in real-time for liven engagement
• Advanced analytics
• Audits of Facebook and Instagram accounts
• Competitor and hashtag tracking
This is a social intelligence tool package that now includes TweetReach to give you a snapshot of your Twitter analytics. The social analytics you’ll receive from Union Metrics don’t stop there. This tool package can be used for Facebook and Instagram as well, and it gives you useful charts and graphs for reach, exposure, activity, and contributors. Enjoy the features of Union Metrics, including:
• Measure the potential reach of a hashtag used on Twitter or Instagram
• Measure the share of the voice of competitors
• Analyze social conversations in real-time to determine what content is working right now
• Instagram account checkup
• Twitter assistant
• Twitter analytics report
Now you know about several social analytics tools you can employ for your business; which ones will make it into your toolbox?
This post may contain affiliate links. Meaning a commission is given should you decide to make a purchase through these links, at no cost to you. All products shown are researched and tested to give an accurate review for you.