Have you started using video marketing for your car dealership? If not, why not. Your dealership can benefit greatly from the right videos.
Its been proven that using videos to market for your business can generate up to 66 percent more qualified leads per year. Can you afford to miss out on these increases? No, you can’t, it’s time to put videos into your marketing strategy. Here’s how you can do this.
Nine Essential Video Marketing Tips
1. Hire Professional Videographers
Even though smartphones have great video cameras, your car dealership needs to offer a more professional appearance in the videos you show on your website and social media platforms. Hire professionals to get the job done the right way. Your video team will help you offer the most fun and professional appearance when you show up where your customers are looking for you online.
2. Know What Your Audience Wants in a Video
You’re trying to reach an audience but if you have a video that doesn’t reach them it’s similar to going to the movies and being disappointed by what you see. Your video marketing needs to showcase your brand and your personality in a way that appeals to a large audience.
• What do customers want to know about our dealership?
• What areas of the facility are customers interested in?
• What would customers want us to talk about?
• What questions do customers have about our company that can be answered in the video?
3. Stay on Brand with Your Video Marketing
If your brand is well-known in the community, you need to make certain your videos present the image that you’ve been cultivating for a long time. If you’re known for being friendly and customer-focused, let that come through when you showcase your videos.
4. Show Off More than Your Inventory
How many videos can you make about the same cars on your lot? Maybe it’s time to show something else. Show customers during the car-buying process, give customers a view of the events you host, and offer them a look at your employees out in the community. Go behind the curtain and show your sales team, your service department, and get in front of the camera yourself to give your viewers an in-depth look.
5. Always Have a Call-to-Action (CTA) in Your Video Marketing
Whether you put it at the beginning or end of your videos, every one of them should have some form of call-to-action. Invite customers to take advantage of the savings you offer, let them know its time for an oil change, or help them prepare for the upcoming winter weather. Get your customers involved in your videos with CTA messages.
6. Use Long-Form and Short-Form Video Content
You might only have a few seconds to get your message out or you could have several minutes to talk about what you want in your videos. Both are necessary and both will be part of what you need to put into your video marketing. Engage your audience quickly with short-form content that can include:
• Answering customer-submitted questions
• Explaining a function or part of a car
• Showcasing a new vehicle, promotion, or offering that your dealership has going on
7. Define the Goals for Each Video
Every video has to offer a purpose and a message to your customers. You need to plan out each one and know what you’re going to say and how long it will be. Before the beginning of production, you’ll need to map out the video with everyone involved so that you can offer a professional video that can help showcase your dealership the right way.
8. Plan Everything in Advance
Once you have the goals set, you need to plan out the video so that it comes out the right way. For each video you produce as part of your video marketing, you’ll want to include:
• Storyboarding the video from start to finish
• Defining the goal of the video
• Organizing the logistics of the video shoot (arrival times, equipment needed, personnel required, etc.)
• Understanding where the video fits within a larger content marketing campaign or strategy
9. Track Each Video
After publishing every video, you need to track every aspect of the performance online. Review the various metrics including:
• The average length of time people watch the video
• The number of social interactions earned
• Customer actions taken after watching the video
• Where the video is being shared online
• Customer comments
Video marketing is an important part of making sure your car dealership shows up where your customers are spending their time. Offer the best videos by following these tips and put your dealership ahead of the rest.
This post may contain affiliate links. Meaning a commission is given should you decide to make a purchase through these links, at no cost to you. All products shown are researched and tested to give an accurate review for you.